I’ve always had a different way of looking at furniture, envisioning the beauty of imperfections and the appeal of moments in time worn. Just like the cozy familiarity of a well worn pair of faded jeans.

In our grandmothers' day, if a piece of furniture or a picture frame was distressed, it meant it had been around for generations and most of the paint had worn off in areas that had been rubbed by hands or nicked by being moved too many times. Today it can add character and is unique in that no two pieces are exactly the same and each tells a different story.

Furniture can be worn and weathered and be rejected just as we can become weathered with the storms of life and need to be restored. I want to lend a hand and turn a worn piece of furniture into something original and unique.

I have an appreciation for what is used, well loved, ragged and unkempt and a respect for natural evolution. My passion is to recreate a distressed finish as if it has been out in the elements for years, therefore, giving it the antique weathered look or refurbish old worn out pieces with color and artistic touches.

My inspiration comes from Isaiah 61. I get delight from taking ashes and transforming them into beauty. After raising a family and working in the professional field, I have embarked on the journey of my dreams by applying my creative talents.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

My set up at ReuZe!

I have had the good fortune of finding a great place to display some of my things.  ReuZe on the square in Canyon, TX.  So come on down to Canyon, get a coffee at Palace and the stroll on over to ReuZe.  Here is a preview of what you will find... 




1 comment:

  1. Everything looks beautiful!!! Can't wait to see the shelf!! Love you, Pat

    ReplyDelete