I’ve always had a different way of looking at furniture, envisioning the beauty of imperfections and the appeal of moments in time worn. Just like the cozy familiarity of a well worn pair of faded jeans.

In our grandmothers' day, if a piece of furniture or a picture frame was distressed, it meant it had been around for generations and most of the paint had worn off in areas that had been rubbed by hands or nicked by being moved too many times. Today it can add character and is unique in that no two pieces are exactly the same and each tells a different story.

Furniture can be worn and weathered and be rejected just as we can become weathered with the storms of life and need to be restored. I want to lend a hand and turn a worn piece of furniture into something original and unique.

I have an appreciation for what is used, well loved, ragged and unkempt and a respect for natural evolution. My passion is to recreate a distressed finish as if it has been out in the elements for years, therefore, giving it the antique weathered look or refurbish old worn out pieces with color and artistic touches.

My inspiration comes from Isaiah 61. I get delight from taking ashes and transforming them into beauty. After raising a family and working in the professional field, I have embarked on the journey of my dreams by applying my creative talents.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Grand Opening Sucess!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who came out to see us at our new store.  It was a busy day!  We met lots of new customers and got a taste of what having a store will be like.  I think I'm going to like this!  Here are some pictures...


This is me with one of my partners, Patty.  We met this year through another business venture.  It is amazing who God puts in your path.  Patty and I have clicked!  We are having so much fun working together, sharing our creative minds and making this store a special place to be.  Our hearts for restoration are the same and we have shared some life experience.  Friendship is a sweet thing!
  (Our third partner, Mardee, was not at the store with us.  She had to take her baby to college this week.)

Here is our front door!

Whether it's brand new or made new you can find it at...
All Things New!



Here is the back room.

We have a dressing room in the back!

Close the curtain for some privacy.

Up the stairs is my boutique!  Lots of things you might find in the closet of a really fun gal!



I still have lots of unique jewelry and clothing.



We also have many things for the home!

Think of the party you could throw!

We have some beauties that we have found.

It's like a treasure hunt.  Something in every corner!


Patty has been experimenting with purses!  Aren't they cute?
We are so excited about this adventure!  I will still do custom finishing on your own things.  Or you can come in and see what we have that's new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment